Busy mums who are juggling their career and family find it hard to put their best foot forward. Why? Because it involves looking good, which usually lands at the bottom of their priority list. They lack the extra time and effort to make intentional beauty choices with so much tasks to finish at work and at home. Do you find yourself in a similar situation? Observe these beauty tips to look gorgeous without needing to overhaul your priority list and daily routine.
1) Hydrate yourself. Drinking at least a liter of water a day provides many health and beauty benefits. Apart from giving your energy level a boost and flushing toxins out of your body, drinking a generous amount of water daily will make your skin glow and your eyes shine more brightly. For variety, you can add slices of lemon and cucumber so you can enjoy a healthy dose of Vitamin C without fuss.
2) Whiten your teeth. Okay, hold your horses! Let me just clarify that teeth whitening doesn’t always need regular appointments with a dentist. There are trusty teeth whitening strips you can get over the counter. Apply them before going to bed and remove them as soon as you get up in the morning. You’ll be able to see a significant difference even after a single try. But, you’ll need to use them consistently for a week or two to have pearly teeth.
3) Get yourself an easy hair do. The best hair length for busy moms is somewhere in between the chin and the shoulders. It’s not that long to be unruly and not that short to be tied back in a pony. You can also ask your stylist to give your hair a sassy cut that you can leave to air-dry after combing. If you’re looking forward to styling a longer hair for a special event, you can simply wear halo hair extensions just like what most celebrities do. Contrary to what most mums think, these accessories are easy to wear and are styled especially for beginners. You’ll be able to find many tips and tutorials on wearing halo hair extensions online. Check out this detailed infographic to learn about the benefits of wearing halos. 4) Have a 10 minute make-up routine. Yes. You read that right. You simply need ten minutes to look polished and classy before you begin your busy day. A mineral powder, a mascara and a lip gloss are all you need to have a fresh look on your busy days. Mineral face powders are great for adding color to your face without clogging the pores. A few coats of mascara can brighten your eyes, while a few coats of gloss can keep your lips moisturized and shiny as you work your way through your daily duties.
Whether you’re a working mum or a stay at home mum, you’ll definitely be short of time. Nonetheless, this shouldn’t be an excuse for you not to take care of yourself and look good. Try the above-mentioned tips and see how it can impact your self-confidence and how your family’s and co-workers’ impression on you.
Here are a few ideas on how to cure acne that are proven effective and safe.
Drink Lots Of Liquids. Water, dubbed as the universal solvent, is believed to clean the body from all types of diseases. In fact, dermatologists reveal that generous intake of water can make our skin glow. Besides water you can also try natural juices like green tea that fight responsible bacteria in the body.
Eat Green. Have a rest on your meat menu and go for some edible leaves. Studies show green leafy vegetables keep our bodies fresh.
Take Vitamin E. Instead of searching for the best acne product available, take a dose of Vitamin E first and observe the effects. Many have already testified that it has made their skin wonders.
No To Cosmetics. If you cannot avoid it or if your work demands it, just avoid wearing heavy make-up. As much as possible, use those that are made of natural products.
Avoid Bad Habits. Once they incur pimples, some delight in the habit of pricking them with their fingernails. This will just cause further infection. Our hands are primary carriers of dirt and bacteria and so keep them and your hair as well away from your face.
These acne tips are just a few of the natural ways that you can try. Possibility of having acne and pimples can be reduced if not eliminated, just have the heart to religiously observe some preventive measures.
People from all walks of life seem to have their own encounters with pimples and acne. Regardless of the type of skin they plague, these skin problems remains to be one of the most common yet the most difficult to cure especially to those who fail to find the treatment that matches them. Perhaps, you also have this dilemma. Don’t lose hope. Following are some acne tips which could be of help to you. Take time to read. See which of them you find new and think if they are worth a try.
But before we go to the treatment, let us first understand what causes this ailment that affects the largest organ of our bodies.
Changes in the body brought about by the increase or decrease of hormones within our bodies often come along with disturbances in the skin especially on our face. Teenagers and adult women are the often victims of this phenomenon. In the case of adult women, the premenstrual and menopausal periods they undergo cause them to have breakouts. Moreover, women who are having a baby may experience the same thing. Compared to other types, acne caused by hormonal changes produces extra oil.
According to studies, when our bodies are under stress they release chemicals and hormones that intoxicate our systems. When this happens, our bodies force these toxins out. One of manifestation of this problem is acne.
Inappropriate Skin Products
Most acne tips usually stress the importance of using the right skin products with your skin type. This is because using otherwise definitely causes the problem.
image credit: knowabouthealth
I am so guilty of this. I love to wear flip flops because it is just so easy to wear. It is lightweight and I can have and use a lot of pairs without having to break my budget.
But I have learned that I have to limit the use of flip flops for health reasons. Let me share with you the things that I have learned in wearing flip flops:
image credit: blogcdn
- Choose a quality pair. Not all cheap ones can last for a long time.
- Look for a pair with built in arch support to make your feet feel comfortable.
- Check if the lead content. Some cheap ones have lead content with them. You don’t want to get direct contact with that harmful element.
- Never wear flip flops when exercising or driving as this can cause the foot to slip and can cause accidents.
- Rest your feet and change footwear when you notice blisters and other skin irritations in your feet after wearing flip flops.
- Replace thin soled flip flops after 3 months of continued use.
- Consult a doctor if you notice a recurring pain in your feet after wearing flip flops.
image credit: photobucket
Hope these quick tips help you choose the best flip flops to wear. Do you have other tips to share? Feel free to do so in the comments section.
Foundation or tinted moisturizer
Foundation covers your skin’s imperfections. It can mask the texture of your skin, like if you have big pores or acne marks for example, depending on the coverage. There’s light, medium, and heavy coverage. Foundation comes in cake, liquid, and more recently, mousse form. If your skin’s pretty well-maintained and you just want your face to have a more polished look for a trip to the bake shop on the next block, you can opt for tinted moisturizer instead.
Foundation and concealer are beauty must haves that you shouldn’t scrimp on. When shopping for foundation, again, choose one that suits your skin type and skin colour. Do you have dry, oily, or normal skin? What are you going to use it for? Do you need light, medium or heavy coverage? Opt for one that’s long lasting, and make sure you don’t peck one that cakes at the slightest trace of sweat. Ask the beauty expert at the make up counter of your favourite brand for advice. Ask her what would be compatible with your skin. And don’t forget to spend a little. Concealer and foundation are two beauty items that a woman should invest on. If your foundation and concealer sit well on your face, you won’t have to worry about extreme retouches.
These are just a few of must haves every woman should have on her dresser. There is one other make up item-no wait-there are a couple actually, that will also need on those oh so sudden beauty emergencies. But let’s talk about them next time.
Good grooming is essential, and beauty must haves are probably on every woman’s dresser these days. Looking good is part of our agenda as females. YES! And that means MOMS as WE ALL ARE, WE MUST BE CONSCIOUS OF OUR APPEARANCE. Even if you’re just going to the supermarket, you want to look good, or at least presentable. Let me tell you about certain items that will help you look gorgeous anytime you want.
Moisturizer is very important. It keeps your face hydrated and fresh looking. Think of it as milk or a vitamin supplement for your skin. Keeping your face moisturized nourished has its long term effects. Regularly moisturized skin ages more slowly, although the quality of your skin still has an effect on what will happen to your face when you get older. Moisturizing is one of the best ways to take care of your skin, but be sure that your face is clean before you put on moisturizer. After washing your face, moisturize. Just be sure to choose moisturizer that’s compatible with your skin type, and check if it’s noncomedogenic, or if it won’t clog your pours. Still don’t believe me? When in doubt, moisturize!
We have our good days, and our bad days. And some of us aren’t as aesthetically gifted as the rest. Thank goodness there’s concealer! Concealer is a make up item that can keep those dark eye circles and zits hidden. Just be sure to choose concealer that’s compatible with your skin tone, otherwise you end up bringing more attention to that spot you were trying to cover in the first place.